Vegan recipes to try: Pesto & vegetable tart
This is a very quick recipe that you can whip up in 10 min of prep, plus another 10 for baking, with things you can routinely find in Lidl. You can also always mix and match the toppings that you already have; add some vegan cheese, up to you!
What you'll need:
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (most of them are vegan, but do double-check!)
- 1 jar of sundried tomatoes
- 1 jar of grilled aubergine
- A handful of broccoli florets
- 1 jar of vegan pesto (I used two different flavours from leftovers)
- Pre-heat the oven, roll out the pastry sheet on a baking tray and bake for about 3-4 min.
- Separately, cut the broccoli into florets, and cook it with a dash of oil in a pan until it is bright green.
- Take the pastry sheet from the oven, spread the pesto, arrange the tomatoes, aubergine and broccoli onto it, and bake for another 5-6 minutes.
- That is it!
- Read Next
- Flat Chat Information Speed Friending Halloween Face Painting MusicQ: A Musical Quiz Event Tye Dye Tuesdays Upcycle to Decorate Coffee Lounge with Student Futures Drawing Contest Fall Mason Jars Catch your Dreams this Academic Year
- What to bring to uni? Talybont South student guide Talybont North Student Guide How to...laundry Settling in FAQs Meet the Team: Talybont RLAs Catering in Residences Where to buy essential items Meet the Team: University Hall RLAs University Hall Student Guide