Vegan recipes to try: Pesto & vegetable tart
This is a very quick recipe that you can whip up in 10 min of prep, plus another 10 for baking, with things you can routinely find in Lidl. You can also always mix and match the toppings that you already have; add some vegan cheese, up to you!
What you'll need:
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (most of them are vegan, but do double-check!)
- 1 jar of sundried tomatoes
- 1 jar of grilled aubergine
- A handful of broccoli florets
- 1 jar of vegan pesto (I used two different flavours from leftovers)
- Pre-heat the oven, roll out the pastry sheet on a baking tray and bake for about 3-4 min.
- Separately, cut the broccoli into florets, and cook it with a dash of oil in a pan until it is bright green.
- Take the pastry sheet from the oven, spread the pesto, arrange the tomatoes, aubergine and broccoli onto it, and bake for another 5-6 minutes.
- That is it!
- Read Next
- National Hair Day Black History Month Trivia Black History Month: 30 years later but the same results My Top 3 Non-Fiction Books for Black History Month Playlists for different moods Black History Month Exhibition Halloween Spooktacular! Black History Month Quiz Show Racism the Red Card - Wear Red Day An Introduction to Mindfulness
- Meet the Team: Cartwright Court RLAs Vegan recipes to try: Pesto & vegetable tart Setting up a bank account Staying safe in halls with COVID Vegan recipes to try: Tofu 'egg' scramble Vegan recipes to try: Mushroom and pepper burgers Catering in residences First year survival guide for International Students How to...laundry Where to buy essential items