Vegan recipes to try: Pesto & vegetable tart
This is a very quick recipe that you can whip up in 10 min of prep, plus another 10 for baking, with things you can routinely find in Lidl. You can also always mix and match the toppings that you already have; add some vegan cheese, up to you!
What you'll need:
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (most of them are vegan, but do double-check!)
- 1 jar of sundried tomatoes
- 1 jar of grilled aubergine
- A handful of broccoli florets
- 1 jar of vegan pesto (I used two different flavours from leftovers)
- Pre-heat the oven, roll out the pastry sheet on a baking tray and bake for about 3-4 min.
- Separately, cut the broccoli into florets, and cook it with a dash of oil in a pan until it is bright green.
- Take the pastry sheet from the oven, spread the pesto, arrange the tomatoes, aubergine and broccoli onto it, and bake for another 5-6 minutes.
- That is it!
- Read Next
- Mindful Sensory Board Making What have I gained from being a Residence Life Assistant Bookstores around Cardiff to satisfy your inner book dragon How to remain loving? Balancing University Work and Social Life During COVID-19 Keeping Fit at Uni Part time job ideas for students during COVID-19 Seasonal Drinks - Winter How To Make Friends At University Learning a new language
- Meet the Team: Cartwright Court RLAs Vegan recipes to try: Pesto & vegetable tart Setting up a bank account Staying safe in halls with COVID Vegan recipes to try: Tofu 'egg' scramble Catering in residences How to...laundry Vegan recipes to try: Mushroom and pepper burgers First year survival guide for International Students Where to buy essential items