The easiest student-friendly pancake recipe
It can be tempting to get a ready-made mix, but making them from scratch is part of the fun, not to mention the flipping!
Here's our recipe for no frills no fuss pancakes to make with your flatmates...
(Makes 12 pancakes)
- 100g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 300ml milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil, plus some for frying
1. Put flour, eggs, milk and a pinch of salt into a bowl or jug, then whisk to a smooth batter.
2. Set a frying pan over a medium heat with a drop of oil. When hot, add a thin layer of the mixture to the pan and let cook for 1 min before flipping, then repeat for a further minute.
3. Keep your pancakes warm as you go by placing them on an ovenproof dish and putting in an oven on low heat.
But you can't just have plain pancakes!
Having them for breakfast? Topping them with bacon and syrup is a great way to go, or, sugar and lemon juice? Why not serve with your favourite fruit and whipped cream - treat yourself.
Lunchtime? This year, try the savoury approach by adding your meaty faves like chicken and ham (with cheese too) or get hold of some arrabbiata sauce, chickpeas and onion for vegetable fajita pancakes?
Dessert pancakes? (A personal fave...) Ice cream, whipped cream, Nutella, peanut butter, bananas, you know the drill - stack 'em up, layer it on and enjoy!!
Want to try something different this year?
For an epic over-indulgent Shrove Tuesday, get everyone to bring their favourite toppings and see what weird and wonderful concoctions you come up with!
- Read Next
- Budget-Friendly Student Plans for an Amazing Summer 10 Tips for packing and moving out of Halls Cardiff Bay Photo Walk Freddie Frisbee and Summer Drinks DIY Summer Scrapbook Making Llandaff Cathedral: A Hidden Gem in Cardiff Talybont South Ensuite Bedroom: A Video Tour! Moving out? Use OLIO and Vinted Crispy Chilli Garlic Vegetables End of Year Picnic and Games!
- What to bring to uni? Talybont South student guide How to...report a maintenance issue How to...laundry Settling in FAQs Talybont North Student Guide Catering in Residences Running routes in Cardiff Meet the Team: Talybont RLAs Where to buy essential items