The easiest student-friendly pancake recipe
It can be tempting to get a ready-made mix, but making them from scratch is part of the fun, not to mention the flipping!
Here's our recipe for no frills no fuss pancakes to make with your flatmates...
(Makes 12 pancakes)
- 100g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 300ml milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil, plus some for frying
1. Put flour, eggs, milk and a pinch of salt into a bowl or jug, then whisk to a smooth batter.
2. Set a frying pan over a medium heat with a drop of oil. When hot, add a thin layer of the mixture to the pan and let cook for 1 min before flipping, then repeat for a further minute.
3. Keep your pancakes warm as you go by placing them on an ovenproof dish and putting in an oven on low heat.
But you can't just have plain pancakes!
Having them for breakfast? Topping them with bacon and syrup is a great way to go, or, sugar and lemon juice? Why not serve with your favourite fruit and whipped cream - treat yourself.
Lunchtime? This year, try the savoury approach by adding your meaty faves like chicken and ham (with cheese too) or get hold of some arrabbiata sauce, chickpeas and onion for vegetable fajita pancakes?
Dessert pancakes? (A personal fave...) Ice cream, whipped cream, Nutella, peanut butter, bananas, you know the drill - stack 'em up, layer it on and enjoy!!
Want to try something different this year?
For an epic over-indulgent Shrove Tuesday, get everyone to bring their favourite toppings and see what weird and wonderful concoctions you come up with!
- Read Next
- Christmas Movie Night at CSL Litter Picking Event Kwanzaa Knowledge Quest! Christmas Tree Decorating 'Bloomy Boom' Seed Bomb Making DIY Advent Calendar Holiday Card Making Tips for Exam Season Academic Allies: The Role of Study Groups in Achieving Excellence Unlocking Success: Benefits of being an Residence Life Assistant
- Talybont South student guide How to...report a maintenance issue What to bring to uni? How to...laundry Talybont North Student Guide Settling in FAQs Catering in Residences Running routes in Cardiff University Hall Student Guide Meet the Team: Talybont RLAs