The Tiramisu is an Italian dessert par excellence during the holidays and beyond. The original recipe includes few ingredients: mascarpone, eggs, sugar, savoiardi (lady finger biscuits), coffee, cocoa powder and a drop of marsala (optional) to rebalance the taste of the cream.
The classic recipe of tiramisu follows precise rules regarding the choice of ingredients. For example, the biscuits must be strictly savoiardi, and the use of whipping cream is forbidden by the fundamentalists of tiramisu.
Despite this, the recipe of the most loved dessert lends itself to countless changes and alternatives. For instance, you can also prepare tiramisu without eggs.
One of the most popular variants is that of strawberry tiramisu, but it is not the only one.
Below we have the classic version of the recipe, but you can personalise it based on your own taste.
- Ladyfinger biscuits 300 g
- Fresh eggs (4 medium) 220g
- Mascarpone cheese 500g
- Sugar 100g
- Sweetened coffee 300g
- Cocoa powder for the surface
To prepare the tiramisu, one needs to start from the eggs (fresh): carefully separate the egg whites from the egg yolks, remembering that to whip the egg whites well you must not present any trace of the yolk. Thereafter, whip the egg yolks with the electric whisk and pour only half of the sugar.
As soon as the mixture becomes clear and frothy, with the whips still in operation, add the mascarpone, little by little. Incorporate all the cheese, and you will obtain a thick and compact cream; keep it aside.
Clean the whisks very well and whisk the egg whites by pouring the remaining sugar, little by little. You will have to mount them in firm snow; you will achieve this when toppling the bowl and the mass will not move. Take a spoonful of egg whites and pour into the bowl with the egg yolks and sugar; mix vigorously with a spatula until you dilute the mixture. Then proceed to add the rest of the egg whites, little by little, stirring very gently from bottom to top.
Once ready, spread a generous spoonful of cream on the bottom of a 30x20cm baking dish and spread well.
Then soak the Ladyfinger biscuits in the already sweetened cold coffee for a few moments: toss on one side and then on the other.
Gradually spread the soaked biscuits on the cream, all in one verse, to obtain a first layer on which you will distribute a part of the mascarpone cream.
Again, you will have to level it thoroughly so that you have a smooth surface. Continue to distribute the soaked biscuits, and then make another layer of cream. Level the surface and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
Let it firm up in the fridge for a couple of hours.
Your tiramisu is ready to be enjoyed!
Reference: https://ricette.giallozafferano.it/Tiramisu.html [Accessed on 01-04-2020]
- Read Next
- Virtual Scavenger Hunt Christmas Netflix Party Ludo Event Psychic Corner Res Life Cookalong: Brigadeiros Cultural Christmas & "Rolex" Cookalong Residence Life Quiz Night Create Your Impact Online Workshop Res Life Cook-along - Spaghetti Carbonara Res Life Cookalong - Flapjacks
- Meet the Team: Cartwright Court RLAs Vegan recipes to try: Pesto & vegetable tart Setting up a bank account Staying safe in halls with COVID Vegan recipes to try: Tofu 'egg' scramble Catering in residences How to...laundry Vegan recipes to try: Mushroom and pepper burgers Where to buy essential items Time to start getting ready for uni!