Support Services at Cardiff University
There are a wide range of services that you can access while you study at Cardiff University. Please take a look at the pages below, which will provide you with all the information you need.
New Student Pages
These pages will help you prepare to start your studies with Cardiff University. They include information about what you need to do before you get here, what to expect in your first few weeks, and where you can find information, advice and support on settling into student life. Be sure to take a look at the ‘Looking after yourself’ section and ‘Registering with a GP’.
If you or someone else requires urgent or out of hours support, this page will give you advice on who to contact.
The university has a comprehensive range of services that are dedicated to helping you make the most of student life. These pages list the services available to you, all of which aim to help you with your study, health and wellbeing, living here, money and your future.
For initial enquiries, contact our Student Connect Service. Our Student Connect service is your first point of contact if you need any support while you are studying at Cardiff University. You can contact them in the following ways.
- When you are on the Student Intranet pages, you can ask the Student Connect chatbot questions 24/7. Simply click on the blue and white chat button on the bottom right hand corner of your screen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +44 (0)29 2251 8888.
Please note enquiries are monitored from 09:00-16:30 Monday to Friday.
This page has some helpful contact information for staff who work in Residences and the Security Team.
These pages are for students looking for independent advice on a variety of topics such as housing, academic appeals and complaints and other general student issues.
This page as some useful links to helplines, support services in the community and other specific sources of support.
It's Okay to Seek Support
There is a lot of support on offer at Cardiff University. It's Okay to Seek Support and it's normal to need some help while you're studying. You don't have to feel embarrassed or worried about getting in touch with Student Support. Remember, the easiest way to enquire about Cardiff University Student Support Services is to use the Student Connect chatbot on the Student Intranet. We also have dedicated Residence Life Assistants running our events and activities for students living in Halls. Feel free to ask them about support at any event and they will be able to signpost you.
- Read Next
- North Campus Ice-Cream Van Talybont End of Year BBQ Joyful June Talybont Coffee Lounge Trivia Master Quiz Night Outdoor Coffee Lounge Virtual Scavenger Hunt Outdoor Quiz Night - Uni Hall Swap Meeting Outdoor Coffee Lounge
- Meet the Team: Cartwright Court RLAs Vegan recipes to try: Pesto & vegetable tart Setting up a bank account Staying safe in halls with COVID Vegan recipes to try: Tofu 'egg' scramble Vegan recipes to try: Mushroom and pepper burgers Catering in residences First year survival guide for International Students How to...laundry Where to buy essential items