Small Business Spotlight: Brodie's Coffee
As Cardiff is such a vibrant community full of talented and hardworking business-owners, we’ve decided to showcase some of the small businesses that you can find only a short walk from your halls of residence.
Today we’re focusing on Brodie’s Coffee, a favourite amongst North Campus and Talybont students, and soon you’ll know exactly why you should pay this charming coffee shop a visit!
Where Can I Find Them?
Unlike many other small businesses in Cardiff, Brodie’s Coffee offers the convenience of having multiple locations! Their physical store, Bricks and Mortar, is almost directly opposite Talybont Court on North Road. A cosy little shop with both indoor and outdoor seating options, this would be the perfect place to go if you live in the Talybont residences and want a change of scenery!
Further into the Cathays campus in Gorsedd Gardens, Brodie’s also have a small shack which serves a great range of their much-loved food and drinks. Less than 5 minutes from the Main Campus building, this shack offers outdoor seating with picturesque views of the beautiful gardens. Alternatively, it’s a great place to grab a takeaway coffee or snack if you’re planning a long walk into town centre!
What Do They Sell?
As you may have guessed from the name, the main attraction of Brodie’s is their delicious coffee! Available in all forms, from a classic cappuccino to a refreshing iced latte, Brodie’s is perfect for catering to all of your caffeine needs. They’ll be your best friend during exam season!
If coffee isn’t really your thing, Brodie’s also sells a wide range of other drinks. If you’re in the mood for a hot beverage they also sell multiple varieties of tea and hot chocolate, and they also sell homemade smoothies and iced teas alongside soft drinks if you want a colder refreshment.
Feeling hungry? Brodie’s can help with that, too! Offering a wide brunch menu of homemade granola, toast and breakfast baps with a choice of toppings, they could become your new morning fix! If you want a smaller treat, they also sell pastries, cakes, sandwiches and even doughnuts (Fridays only!) – there really is something for everyone!
Why Support Them?
So, other than for the obvious reason of wanting to support a small local business, why shop at Brodie’s?
- Student Discount – We know you love a discount, and you’ll get one at Brodie’s Coffee – they offer 10% off for all students with a valid student ID card.
- Inviting Space – Particularly at their Bricks and Mortar location – this comfortable, quiet spot close to Talybont, Colum Hall and Aberconway Hall is the perfect location for studying, reading or socialising with friends.
- Helping the Homeless – Most importantly, Brodie’s offer a scheme where you can donate the price of a cup of coffee to pay forward on a hot drink for a homeless person, meaning they’ll receive a much-needed cuppa for absolutely free! This is a great and much-needed initiative to support, particularly in the winter months.
So, what are you waiting for? Make the short walk to Bricks and Mortar or the Brodie’s shack, enjoy a drink or delicious cake, and support a small business in Cardiff!
- Read Next
- Christmas Movie Night at CSL Litter Picking Event Kwanzaa Knowledge Quest! Christmas Tree Decorating 'Bloomy Boom' Seed Bomb Making DIY Advent Calendar Holiday Card Making Tips for Exam Season Academic Allies: The Role of Study Groups in Achieving Excellence Unlocking Success: Benefits of being an Residence Life Assistant
- Talybont South student guide How to...report a maintenance issue What to bring to uni? How to...laundry Talybont North Student Guide Settling in FAQs Catering in Residences Running routes in Cardiff University Hall Student Guide Meet the Team: Talybont RLAs