Simple, tasty breakfast ideas
Here are my simple yet tasty breakfast recipes that will be sure to get your out of bed...
Banana and Blueberry Muffins
You'll need; 3 bananas, 120g nut butter, 50g blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- In a bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add nut butter and mix until combined.
- Divide the batter into two bowls
- Add the blueberries to the bowl of batter and mix well.
- Add the batter to a muffin tin.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Strawberry and Chocolate Overnight Oats
You'll need; 40g rolled oats, 80ml any milk, 70g greek yoghurt, 1tsp maple syrup, 1tsp cocoa powder, 2 strawberries (diced).
- In a mason jar, fill with rolled oats, almond milk, Greek yogurt, cocoa powder, and maple syrup. Stir until well combined.
- Place diced strawberries on top and seal jar.
- Soak the oats overnight.
- Place in fridge until ready to eat.
Tropical Smoothie Bowl
You'll need; 60g coconut milk, 80g mango, 80g pineapple, 110g ice, topping of choice (fruit, nuts, seeds etc.).
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and mix on high.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Top with desired fruit and/or other toppings.
Scrambled Eggs on Toast
You'll need; 2 eggs, salt (to taste), pepper (to taste), 1 tbsp unsalted butter, 2 slices of bread.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs. Add salt and pepper to taste. Whisk to combine.
- Add the butter to a nonstick pan over medium heat. Once the butter has melted and begins to bubble, turn the heat to low, and add the eggs.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, gently push the eggs back and forth across the pan until they are cooked to your liking.
- Toast your bread and top with your eggs.
You'll need; 125g self-rising flour, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp baking soda, 2 eggs, 50g melted butter(50 g), melted, 240ml milk, topping of choice.
- Melt butter in the microwave.
- Sift flour, sugar and baking soda together into a large bowl.
- Mix eggs, milk and butter in a separate bowl and add to dry ingredients.
- Cook pancakes in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Serve with your favourite toppings.
You'll need; 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 60ml milk, 4 slices bread (brioche is recommended!), topping of choice.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg, vanilla extract and cinnamon together. Then, stir in the milk.
- Dip the bread into the mixture. Ensure both sides are coated.
- Lightly grease a non-stick pan and cook the bread until it is golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with your favourite toppings, like fruit, syrup or icing sugar.
- Read Next
- Tips on Playing the Guitar Virtual Game Night ResLife Book Club ResLife Takes on the Apocalypse Workout From Home Part 2 Workout From Home Part 3 A Discussion on Fitness & Exercise Speak Week 2021 Word Play Champ LGBTQ+ History Month Wellbeing Packs
- Meet the Team: Cartwright Court RLAs Vegan recipes to try: Pesto & vegetable tart Setting up a bank account Staying safe in halls with COVID Vegan recipes to try: Tofu 'egg' scramble Catering in residences How to...laundry Vegan recipes to try: Mushroom and pepper burgers First year survival guide for International Students Where to buy essential items