How to...OVO Bike
Cycling is one of the most effective modes of transportation. If you happen to have not brought your bicycle with you for any reason, OVO Bikes has got you covered. There are plenty of docks available near university accommodations, and more. I am sure you have heard of this, but if you register as a student you do get the first 30 min of each day free of charge. If you normally walk to your lectures but you need to get there urgently for any matter, you could always cycle there using an OVO Bike. You can also use their service for as long as you want.
By following these steps, you should be ready to use a OVO Bike:
- Download the OVO Bike app on your mobile phone. Download here for iOS and Android. Alternatively, go to https://www.nextbike.co.uk/en/ to register online.
- Complete the registration while making sure you use your Cardiff university email.
- From the drop down menu, select Cardiff University as partner.
- Do not select a subscription option.
- Add a payment option. They will charge £1, which will be credited to your account.
- Your account is now ready!
At this point, your account is setup and ready to rent your first bike. After the first 30 min of each day, the charge becomes £1 for each additional 30 min.
To actually use the bike, follow these steps:
- Open the OVO Bike app on your mobile phone.
- Select ‘Rent Bike’.
- Each bike should have a QR code and a number. You can either allow the use of a camera to scan the QR code of the bike or enter the number manually.
- The bike should be unlocked and all good to go.
If you would like to return the bike after using:
- Firmly insert the front wheel into the dock.
- Slide the bar through it.
- Slide the front fork until it clicks.
- Press any button on the bike screen.
- Click ‘End’.
- This can also be done through the app.
- Read Next
- Easter Egg Painting Easter Bunny Making Egg-Decorating Navigating the Cost of Living Crisis How to avoid crypto scams Res Life Podcast - Episode 1 Spring Forward Welcome the Sun with a Sunflower Cartwright Study Lounge Backing Up - A Letter to the Past
- What to bring to uni? Talybont South student guide How to...report a maintenance issue Talybont North Student Guide How to...laundry Settling in FAQs Catering in Residences Meet the Team: Talybont RLAs Where to buy essential items University Hall Student Guide