How to...Next Bike
Cycling is one of the most effective modes of transportation. If you happen to have not brought your bicycle with you for any reason, NextBike has got you covered. There are plenty of docks available near university accommodations, and more. I am sure you have heard of this, but if you register as a student you do get the first 30 min of each day free of charge. If you normally go walking to your lectures but you need to get there urgently for any matter, you could always cycle there using a NextBike. You can also use their service for as long as you want.
By following these steps, you should be ready to use a NextBike:
- Download the NextBike app on your mobile phone. Download here for iOS and Android. Alternatively, go to https://www.nextbike.co.uk/en/ to register online.
- Complete the registration while making sure you use your Cardiff university email.
- From the drop down menu, select Cardiff University as partner.
- Do not select a subscription option.
- Add a payment option. They will charge £1, which will be credited to your account.
- Your account is now ready!
At this point, your account is setup and ready to rent your first bike. After the first 30 min of each day, the charge becomes £1 for each additional 30 min.
To actually use the bike, follow these steps:
- Open the NextBike app on your mobile phone.
- Select ‘Rent Bike’.
- Each bike should have a QR code and a number. You can either allow the use of a camera to scan the QR code of the bike or enter the number manually.
- The bike should be unlocked and all good to go.
If you would like to return the bike after using:
- Firmly insert the front wheel into the dock.
- Slide the bar through it.
- Slide the front fork until it clicks.
- Press any button on the bike screen.
- Click ‘End’.
- This can also be done through the app.
- Read Next
- North Campus Netflix & Hot Chocolate Dodgeball Tournament Talybont Netflix & Popcorn Cartwright Waffle Night Afternoon Tea at South Campus Sport Saturday at Uni Hall Board Game Night Coffee Lounge Effective Communication - tips on how to build, maintain and repair flat relationships Wellbeing Wednesday Workshops
- Catering in residences Meet the Team: Cartwright Court RLAs Vegan recipes to try: Pesto & vegetable tart Setting up a bank account Staying safe in halls with COVID Vegan recipes to try: Tofu 'egg' scramble Vegan recipes to try: Mushroom and pepper burgers First year survival guide for International Students How to...laundry Where to buy essential items