How to access our events!
Res Life is such a massive part of university life and we have so many exciting events coming your way!
When living in university accommodation for the very first time, it can be a bit difficult to get to know students in your residence. Hence, your Residence Life Team hosts social events accessible to all students, free of charge!
The purpose of these events is to bring the students of a certain accommodation/campus together for them to get know each of other better. Usually, we host our regular events multiple days a week, such as Coffee Lounges, Board Game Nights and even Waffle Nights (Cartwright Court exclusive). Residence Life Assistants (RLAs) also plan and run event throughout the year, including craft nights, sporting events and lots of free food! In addition to this, we host slightly bigger events a few times a month. These events include multi-cultural themes like Curry Night and Middle Eastern feasts, as well as Exam brunches and events to help you through tough study periods.
The majority of our events are in person, however, we still run some online events! To access any of our events, you will first need to register on Eventbrite. This registration process helps us get a good estimate of the number of students we should expect to better organise the events. The process is very simple but is necessary.
Steps to use Eventbrite:
- Go to reslifecu.eventbrite.com.
- Have a look through our upcoming events.
- Select the event that interests you.
- Fill in the details (use your university email).
- Hooray! You now have your ticket.
You should now receive an email containing the required information to access a certain event. If this is an online event, it will include a direct link to a Zoom call or a Netflix Party.
You can also click 'Follow' on our Eventbrite page to receive updates about our upcoming events, so you always know what's happening!
All of our events are also advertised here on our Browzer page in the Events section. Each will include a link to Eventbrite to purchase your ticket.
If you have any further questions about any of our events, we will be happy to answer them. Just send your query to ResidenceLife@cardiff.ac.uk. We also have an Instagram page where we post content from our events and any upcoming ones: ResidenceLifeCU. Give us a follow!
- Read Next
- Christmas Movie Night at CSL Litter Picking Event Kwanzaa Knowledge Quest! Christmas Tree Decorating 'Bloomy Boom' Seed Bomb Making DIY Advent Calendar Holiday Card Making Tips for Exam Season Academic Allies: The Role of Study Groups in Achieving Excellence Unlocking Success: Benefits of being an Residence Life Assistant
- Talybont South student guide How to...report a maintenance issue What to bring to uni? How to...laundry Talybont North Student Guide Settling in FAQs Catering in Residences Running routes in Cardiff University Hall Student Guide Meet the Team: Talybont RLAs