Whilst we stay indoors, being healthy and active is important.
One of the ways to keep your body healthy is through having detox water/smoothies. The advantages of detox water/smoothies are many, including but not limited to,
- Increasing your daily fruit and vegetable intake
- Naturally promotes weight loss
- Improves hydration
- Improves digestion
- Rejuvenates your body
- Protects against free radical damage
- Reliefs symptoms of depression
- Better and clearer skin
Making a detox smoothie is not hard at all, yet it is still delicious. Along with the ingredients, you will only require a blender. Simply follow these 7 steps:
- Choose a base liquid. You can use 1 to 2 cups of water, coconut water, unsweetened plant-based milk, fresh apple/orange juice, or even herbal/green tea.
- Choose the base ingredients. Add 2 cups of fresh or frozen fruits or vegetables, such as apple, orange, kiwi, melon, berries, beets, cucumber, pineapple, mango or peaches.
- Add some creaminess: bananas, avocadoes, unsweetened natural yogurts, blanched almonds or almond butter. All the former add richness and creaminess to smoothies.
- Add some greens; add 1 to 2 cups of spinach, romaine or radish greens; 1 cup of kale, bok choy, chard, collards or beet greens.
- Boost the nutrients. Choose one or more of the following: 1 tablespoon of chia, hemp or flax seeds; 1 tablespoon of coconut, flax, or hemp oil; or add 1/4 cup frozen raw broccoli or cauliflower.
- Add some magic. Add a pinch to 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne, red pepper flakes, turmeric or curry powder, or add 1/4 to 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon or fresh ginger.
Otherwise, try fresh (not dried) herbs like 1 1/2 teaspoons of rosemary, or 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup of parsley, cilantro, basil or mint. Moreover, as a substitute to the aforementioned spices and herbs, try a teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of lemon or lime juice, and 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of lemon or lime zest.
- Finally, blend it all together until there are no lumps left. This should take about 30 to 60 seconds - if the blender is turned on high. The consistency should be smooth and creamy.
- Read Next
- Mindful Sensory Board Making What have I gained from being a Residence Life Assistant Bookstores around Cardiff to satisfy your inner book dragon How to remain loving? Balancing University Work and Social Life During COVID-19 Keeping Fit at Uni Part time job ideas for students during COVID-19 Seasonal Drinks - Winter How To Make Friends At University Learning a new language
- Meet the Team: Cartwright Court RLAs Vegan recipes to try: Pesto & vegetable tart Setting up a bank account Staying safe in halls with COVID Vegan recipes to try: Tofu 'egg' scramble Catering in residences How to...laundry Vegan recipes to try: Mushroom and pepper burgers First year survival guide for International Students Where to buy essential items