Catering in residences
In some university accommodations, food is provided at certain times of the day as either part of their residence contract or if they are willing to pay for it. To opt for the food provided in those residences, you should have chosen the ‘fully catered’ or ‘part catered’ options when selecting your room online. This is done before you arrive in Cardiff. The difference between those options is that Fully Catered students are provided with food for both breakfast and dinner while Part Catered only receive dinner. This catering option is great for busy students that do not have time to cook, or simply those who cannot cook. As mentioned earlier, not all accommodations provide this service. This is because some residences are smaller than others and do not have the facilities, such as a kitchen on-campus to cook the food. If you have visitors over that want to enjoy the buffet, the student who lives there will have to visit the reception of the accommodation during the working hours and pay between £4 - £6. This depends on whether it is the breakfast or dinner meal. You will be given a slip which you should present to the chef.
Below are the catering options for the residences:
Fully Catered: Aberdare Hall
- Senghennydd Court
- Senghennydd Hall
- Gordon Hall
Food is served in an open buffet style between given times.
- Monday to Friday: Breakfast is served between 07:45 – 09:00. Dinner is served between 17:45 – 18:30.
- Saturday & Sunday: Breakfast is served between 09:00 – 10:00. No dinner on weekends
Senghennydd Court & Hall and Gordon Hall
The food, for the previously mentioned residences, is provided in the Trevithick Restaurant and can be found in the Queen’s Buildings (Engineering Buildings). It is about a 5 min walk away from all those accommodations.
- Monday to Friday: Dinner is served between 17:00 – 19:00
- Saturday & Sunday: No dinner on weekends
In order to not miss your meals, please arrive promptly. If you would not like to dine in for any reason, you can ask for a takeaway box. You will be asked to present your student ID as well as your Residence Card to have your meal.
The Catering Team's cafés and restaurants will be opening across campus with additional safety measures in place. When you moved in to your accommodation, you should have the received the above voucher to set up an account for their click and collect service. You can also gain access to special offers, promotions and loyalty points!
- Read Next
- My Uni Hall experience My experience of Cartwright Court Living in North Campus Living in South Campus My Taly South Experience My experience of Taly North Virtual Cook-along: Chicken & Mushroom Pie Movie Night - Chinese Valentine's Day What to bring to uni? End of Summer Feedback Chats
- Catering in residences Meet the Team: Cartwright Court RLAs Vegan recipes to try: Pesto & vegetable tart Setting up a bank account Staying safe in halls with COVID Vegan recipes to try: Tofu 'egg' scramble Vegan recipes to try: Mushroom and pepper burgers First year survival guide for International Students How to...laundry Where to buy essential items