Catering in residences
In some university accommodations, food is provided at certain times of the day as either part of their residence contract or if they are willing to pay for it. To opt for the food provided in those residences, you should have chosen the ‘fully catered’ or ‘part catered’ options when selecting your room online. This is done before you arrive in Cardiff. The difference between those options is that Fully Catered students are provided with food for both breakfast and dinner while Part Catered only receive dinner. This catering option is great for busy students that do not have time to cook, or simply those who cannot cook. As mentioned earlier, not all accommodations provide this service. This is because some residences are smaller than others and do not have the facilities, such as a kitchen on-campus to cook the food. If you have visitors over that want to enjoy the buffet, the student who lives there will have to visit the reception of the accommodation during the working hours and pay between £4 - £6. This depends on whether it is the breakfast or dinner meal. You will be given a slip which you should present to the chef.
Below are the catering options for the residences:
Fully Catered: Aberdare Hall
- Senghennydd Court
- Senghennydd Hall
- Gordon Hall
Food is served in an open buffet style between given times.
- Monday to Friday: Breakfast is served between 07:45 – 09:00. Dinner is served between 17:45 – 18:30.
- Saturday & Sunday: Breakfast is served between 09:00 – 10:00. No dinner on weekends
Senghennydd Court & Hall and Gordon Hall
The food, for the previously mentioned residences, is provided in the Trevithick Restaurant and can be found in the Queen’s Buildings (Engineering Buildings). It is about a 5 min walk away from all those accommodations.
- Monday to Friday: Dinner is served between 17:00 – 19:00
- Saturday & Sunday: No dinner on weekends
In order to not miss your meals, please arrive promptly. If you would not like to dine in for any reason, you can ask for a takeaway box. You will be asked to present your student ID as well as your Residence Card to have your meal.
- Read Next
- South campus student guide Talybont North student guide Talybont South student guide North Campus student guide Uni Hall student guide Cartwright Court student guide Meet the Team: Residence Life Coordinators Team Quiz Online Escape Room Movie Night
- Staying safe in halls with COVID Catering in residences Setting up a bank account Foolproof meal-prep recipes ANYONE can master Settling in FAQs Mentally preparing yourself for university... Time to start getting ready for uni! Where to buy essential items How to...laundry The essentials for your first food shop!