5 Ingredient Protein Flapjacks
Flapjacks are a very well known, go-to snack in the UK. Being typically made out of brown sugar and butter, they tend to be relatively unhealthy. To incorporate Flapjacks into my personal eating routine, I came up with a recipe to fit my diet, keeping the calories down and protein up.
This budget-friendly recipe only requires 5 ingredients, some of which you may already have!
- Oats, 120 grams of Oats
- 100g of Nut Butter (Powdered Peanut Butter was my personal choice)
- 60g of Protein Powder
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
- 130ml of Milk (Almond Milk was my personal choice)
- Optional: Blueberries or Chocolate
1. Begin by mixing the Oats and Protein powder in a bowl
2. Next up, add in the Nut Butter, Honey and Milk
3. Add in the optional ingredients (I used blueberries)
4. Spread the mixture evenly into a rectangle shape out on a baking tray that is lightly greased
5. Place it in a pre-heated oven at 190 degrees Celsius for 10-12 minutes, and enjoy!
Macronutrients of 1 Flapjack (cut into 8):
- 120 Calories
- 13g Protein
- 12g Carbohydrates
- 2.5g Fat
- Read Next
- North Campus Ice-Cream Van Talybont End of Year BBQ Joyful June Talybont Coffee Lounge Trivia Master Quiz Night Outdoor Coffee Lounge Virtual Scavenger Hunt Outdoor Quiz Night - Uni Hall Swap Meeting Outdoor Coffee Lounge
- Meet the Team: Cartwright Court RLAs Vegan recipes to try: Pesto & vegetable tart Setting up a bank account Staying safe in halls with COVID Vegan recipes to try: Tofu 'egg' scramble Vegan recipes to try: Mushroom and pepper burgers Catering in residences First year survival guide for International Students How to...laundry Where to buy essential items