5 healthy smoothie recipes to start your day
Using only 5 ingredients and a blender, you can begin your day with one of these 4 delicious, filling and nutritional smoothies!
(Recipes for 2 people)
1. Berries and Oats Smoothie
- 1 cup of frozen berries
- 1 frozen banana (sliced)
- ½ cup of vanilla yoghurt
- ¼ cup of rolled oats
- ½ cup of orange juice
Key Ingredient: Berries are filled with folates and powerful antioxidants that promote healthy skin and hair, whilst lowering cholesterol by unclogging your arteries.
2. Banana and Chocolate Smoothie
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 teaspoons of cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons of peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
Key Ingredient: Rich in potassium and fibres, bananas play an essential role in lowering blood pressure and improving digestive health. They are also filled with tryptophan, a chemical known to help overcome depression.
3. Green Smoothie
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 apples
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 kiwi (sliced)
Key Ingredient: Spinach is a major superfood which strengthens your bones, boosts your immune system by acting as a virus repellant, and provides the iron and antioxidants needed to combat both anaemia and diabetes.
4. Beetroot and Apple Smoothie
- 2 raw beets
- 2 apples
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup of spinach/kale
- 1 tablespoon of ginger
Key Ingredient: Beetroots (beets) are bursting with vital nutrients, in particular high inorganic nitrates, that support you in maintaining a healthy heart and improving your athletic performance and brain function.
A cup of ice cubes can be added to any of the above smoothies. You can also sprinkle a dash of cinnamon, honey or chia seeds for a bit of extra flavour.
- Read Next
- Christmas Movie Night at CSL Litter Picking Event Kwanzaa Knowledge Quest! Christmas Tree Decorating 'Bloomy Boom' Seed Bomb Making DIY Advent Calendar Holiday Card Making Tips for Exam Season Academic Allies: The Role of Study Groups in Achieving Excellence Unlocking Success: Benefits of being an Residence Life Assistant
- Talybont South student guide How to...report a maintenance issue What to bring to uni? How to...laundry Talybont North Student Guide Settling in FAQs Catering in Residences Running routes in Cardiff University Hall Student Guide Meet the Team: Talybont RLAs